Twitch’s coverage of Geoff Keighley’s Summer Game Fest 2020 will feature various exclusive content, as well as partnerships with a number of companies including 2K Games, Blizzard Entertainment, CD Projekt RED, Electronic Arts, Riot, Square Enix, Ubisoft, and the International Game Developers Association, the streaming platform announced.
All of the festivities will be available on the Twitch Gaming channel, the platform’s new home for video game news, events, and exclusive video game-focused content.
Here is an overview of what you can expect, via Twitch:
That’s all we’ll say for now…
Twitch Rivals: Valorant Launch Showdown
After a record breaking closed beta, Riot Game’s five-versus-five character-based tactical shooter Valorant is launching on June 2. To celebrate, Twitch Rivals is collaborating with Riot to execute the first set of competitive events for Valorant on its grand opening weekend. These events will span the globe, with participation from some of your favorite creators in North America, Brazil, Latin America, Europe, Korea, and Japan.
Tune in to Twitch to see the latest gameplay and exclusive developer interviews from some of the biggest games coming from 2K this year.
IGDA Indie Showcase
We’ll be hosting a Twitch-exclusive Indie Showcase with some of the top titles launching this year. Join us live (date TBD!) for your chance to see some of the best content from indie studios before anyone else. We’ll have developer AMAs so you can talk directly to the game creators, plus deep dives into each game. We’ve also got the Twitch-exclusive e-Jam developer contest lined up for June 26 to 28. Indie studios and developers are partnering with students to help them create small games in just 48 hours. The finals will be hosted live on Twitch and you might just discover your next favorite game.
Twitch Summer Game Fest Awards
We’ll wrap up the Summer with a Twitch exclusive, community driven award show, recapping the best of the summer as voted on by YOU. Stay tuned for more details!
Co-Stream It All
And last but not least, all of our Summer Game Fest content will be available for co-streaming. Watch alongside your community and revel in the glory as all the newness unfolds live.
Use the coupon code “GEMATSU” for 5% off.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.