How to Find Daisy Mae the Turnip Seller
After you’ve unlocked Nook’s Cranny, you’ll start getting a visit from Daisy Mae every Sunday morning and leaves around noon. This relative of Joan sells turnips and they’re not for eating! Instead, you’ll treat these like stocks — yeah, you read that right. It’s called the Sow Joan’s Stalk Market, to be exact.
Like in Animal Crossings before, these turnips go bad after a week, so after you invest, you have a whole week to sell them. Timmy and Tommy won’t buy them on Sunday, but they will any other day (you can’t sell them in the drop-off box, though.) Their prices change in the morning and the afternoon.
Daisy Mae sells turnips each week at a different price per turnip. Sometimes it’s 97 Bells, sometimes it’s 92 Bells. Regardless, you have to buy them in bundles of 10. If you want to play this game make sure you have a lot of Bells on you! Like stocks, this is an investment, and so long as you sell your turnips before they rot, you should make money back.
When you decide to sell is entirely up to you, but keep an eye out for higher rates.
Turnip rates are usually at their highest on Tuesday, so try then! If the morning price isn’t appealing, you should probably sell some during the afternoon price.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you time travel to or past Sunday, your current turnips will spoil.
- Traveling back in time will automatically spoil your turnips. Even if you go back to the previous Sunday, buy more, and go back forward, the price on that day you came from will change.
- If you leave rotten turnips out, they’ll attract ants.
- You can travel to other ACNH islands to get a different selling price from Timmy and Tommy. See if your friends get a better offer then take advantage of that!
- While buying turnips from Daisy Mae, you can hit a button in the top right of the number pad that says “Buy the Max” if you don’t want to do the math of how many turnips you can afford. This takes your inventory space into account too, so if you only have one spot open, it’ll only allow you to buy one bundle of turnips.