Ecobee makes some of the most popular HomeKit thermostats on the market and the company has launched a new software update bringing an even better experience to customers. Family Accounts makes it a breeze to share Ecobee access and control with others without having to mess with sharing login credentials.
Ecobee announced the new feature in a press release today that works with up to 15 people:
Today, ecobee introduced Family Accounts, an easy way for families to stay connected. Family Accounts lets up to 15 family members to join and control a Home without sharing credentials. ecobee Home Owners can choose to invite Family Members to share access to their Home’s ecobee devices.
Family Accounts arrives with the iOS Ecobee app version 7.26.1 (7.26 for Android) and is available now.
- When you’re on the latest app release, here’s how to share your Ecobee with others:
- Open the ecobee app and select “Account”
- Select “Manage Homes”
- Select the Home you want to invite someone to
- Select “Home Members”
- Select “Invite New Member”
- Review: Ecobee SmartThermostat with Voice Control remains the best HomeKit option
- Review: HomeKit-enabled ecobee3 Wi-Fi thermostat w/ remote sensors is perfect for Siri fans
- HomeKit Weekly: Apple should allow selective access to HomeKit devices for Family Sharing
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel